Microsoft hands out 3,000 pink slips
Servers meet base band in C-RAN
Wearable devices enter workplace
Embedded systems mark IoT's future
In defence of consumer parts for cars
1 2 3 4 5
The latest in the series of the tech giant's largest layoff sweep involved 638 positions in the company's Redmond headquarters in Washington.
Server farms will play an increasing role in tomorrow's cellular networks, but the so-called cloud radio access networks still face big technical challenges.
Countries where adults have adopted wearable technology for personal use appear to use wearables for work-related activities as well, according to a Harris Poll survey.
Everything belonging to the domain of IoT should possess certain attributes, such as lower power consumption, powerful processing capabilities and ability to connect to other smart objects.
Several manufacturers believe that using consumer-grade components in vehicles is, while risky, a trend that will further expand. The only way to go about it is with adequate development processes.
TSMC's 16nm FinFET process promises impressive speed and power improvements as well as leakage reduction. It has twice the gate density of TSMC's 28nm HPM process.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi introduced the 'Make in India' campaign in order to improve the country's manufacturing sector, thereby creating more jobs for the young workforce.
The mobile sensor market is expected to grow to a double-digit trillion range in the future, from $13 billion in 2014, fuelled by the expansion of IoT to applications including automotive and smart home.
- No solar PV tariff cuts: Fair or no fair?
- Antivirus sites: Not to the rescue
- India forges ahead with renewable energy generation scaling
- By design or accident? You tell us
- Graphene on power devices, OLEDs
- Mahindra E20 coming to Mauritius, Bermuda, Seychelles
- Chinese industrial parks in India
- Facelock: A New Password Alternative
- BE Infrastructure Design Automation Engineer, Bangalore, Intel
- Graphics System Validation and Debug Engineer, Bangalore, Intel
- Switching/Routing Development Engineer, Bangalore, Broadcom
- IC Design Engineering Manager, Bangalore, Broadcom
- Formal Verification Engineer, Bangalore, Broadcom
- Quality Assurance Engineer - Staff II, Bangalore, Broadcom
- Senior Software Development Engineer, Hyderabad, Broadcom