Google expands wearables with patent
Galaxy S5 BOM clocks in at over $250
Tuned nanowire yields better LEDs
Land Rover enables see-through hood
Can 4K give ailing TV market a lift?
1 2 3 4 5
The patent application describes a multi-sensor contact lens computer system that is designed to work with a wide range of future wearable devices and other consumer electronics.
The latest in Samsung's flagship line is more expensive than other high-end smartphones, such as the 32GB iPhone 5S, which carried a $207 BOM based on an IHS pricing estimate.
Tuning a small strain on single nanowires can make them more effective when used in LEDs and solar cells. The tuning is facilitated by the special hexagonal crystal structure referred to as wurtzite.
The Transparent Bonnet technology provides an augmented reality view of the terrain in front of the car as well as the angle and position of the front wheels to assist driving over a steep incline.
The move to 4K could be seen as a desperate attempt by the TV industry to reverse the two consecutive years of decline since the 2011 peak of 255 million units shipped globally.
The patent is wide encompassing, describing a multi-sensor contact lens computer system that may work with many future wearable devices.
The Supreme Court issued a warrant for Samsung Chairman Lee Kun-hee to face allegations of his company's involvement in a fraud case worth Rs.8.64 crore.
NPD DisplaySearch revealed that ongoing delays in OLED TV shipments meant that OLED material revenues are expected to reach $795 million in 2014, a decline from previous forecasts of $1 billion.
- Virus attack on an embedded system!
- That's it! Quad Core module board
- Unboxing Transcend 256GB SSD340
- New tech needed for NASA asteroid mission
- Is there really an increase in patent spats?
- Do MNCs need to be more Indian?
- $12B for the wireless sensor networks market
- Facebook wants to buy solar drone maker
- IO Layout Engineer, Bangalore, Sankalp
- Protocol Conformance Testing Engineer, Bangalore, Intel
- Synthesis/Place-Route Lead, Bangalore, Intel
- VLSI Architect, Bangalore, Mistral
- Android Design Engineer, Bangalore, Mistral
- Embedded C Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer, Bangalore, Mistral
- Module Lead/Project Lead, Bangalore, Mistral